You are here
Your Health Is Our Top Priority
Your Health Is Our Top Priority
Your health and safety are our main priority and we want you to feel assured that when you come into our office you won’t be exposed to the Coronavirus or any other communicable illnesses. In addition to our current and standard infection control practices, our team will be implementing the following additional measures and screening procedures for both patients and the team members, to ensure your health and safety.
- All patients will be thoroughly screened by phone before their reserved appointment. The current protocol is to screen patients by questions regarding contact and exposure of Covid-19.
- Upon arrival, we ask that patients check into their appointment by verbal confirmation with the designated front office team member and be mindful of social distancing in the waiting area.
- All team members and patients will complete the daily screening procedures.
- As both team members and patients arrive at the office, proper health assessment measures will be taken to assure your safety, including recording your current temperature.
- Every half hour our team will complete a “disinfectant sweep” by disinfecting all door handles, desk areas and bathrooms.
- As much as we enjoy spending time with our patients during their dental visit, we ask that you respect social distancing requirements by avoiding contact with others such as hand-shaking, hugging, touching or sharing non-treatment related items.
- We are committed to maintaining OSHA and CDC infection control guidelines within our practice and will ensure all team members are equipped with the PPE required to protect both our patients and our team.
- If you like to complete your patient registration, please click here to fill out the necessary forms before coming to your appointment.
This information is provided to inform you about measures we have taken in our office to reduce the chance of cross-contamination of disease from patient to patient. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Face Masks: All of our clinical personnel wear face masks during active patient care. These physical barriers assist in reducing the spread of organisms from person to person.
- Gloves: New rubber gloves are worn for every patient, and are changed each time the assistant or Dr. leaves the room. This assures you that the chance of contamination from others is minimal.
- Disinfection of counters and other surfaces: You will note that there is an occasional chemical odor associated with disinfected surfaces. These chemicals are necessary to clean any surfaces that are touched during patient treatment. Also, plastic barriers are used whenever necessary to avoid cross-contamination.
- Items attached to dental operating units: Hand pieces, along with air and water syringes, are autoclaved. High and low volume aspirators are disposable. You will notice that some of these items are wrapped with gauze soaked in disinfectant. A slight chemical odor may be noticed.
- Instruments: All metal instruments that are placed in your mouth have been sterilized in an autoclave. Plastic or other items, unless disposable, have been chemically sterilized.